Monday 3 November 2008

A Search For The Edge...



Hey guys here I have uploaded two pictures from my recent maya model of a mountain. It's been going OK (for once), and the front and side view sketches that I did really helped, I recommend that anyone who is having trouble should do it. I made the mountain from two cubes, which I messed around with using the 'insert edge loop tool' function. I have uploaded the unsmoothed model and the smoothed one. After, smoothing the model I ended up not liking how the mountain looks, it seems to my to look really bland and boring. I actually favour the unsmoothed model as I think it had far more character to it. It sort of reminds me of the look of the new Banjo-Kazooie game coming out for the X-box 360, which has a very cube like design. I want to here what everyone else in the group thinks but, personally I much prefer the blockier style. It reminds me of comic book artist Mike Mignola.

1 comment:

N Pinnock said...

Indeed I feel as though the unsmoothed style is best, the light gives the rock more definition that makes it actually look like a rock. I mean how many rocks out there are actually smooth? Maybe a stone, but not a rock. Definitely good design, though I have the flu I'll start designing this mine cart that I have in mind, wish me luck.