Sunday 9 November 2008

Hard Days Maya!





Hi all, I didn't go into work today as I fell down running for the train on Friday and smashed myself up. With that in mind I decided to work my maya environment. I firstly created an incline for the rock faces. I did this by going into vertex mode, selecting the bottom points, and moved them around by using the move tool. Pretty simple. I then decided to make the ground for our environment. I initially tried to attempt the floor my using a plane. With the plane I tried to cut out vertex points to lower to create the gauge. However, this went horribly wrong so I decided to try using a cube which work fantastically. The floor is made up of two cubes that are attached together. Looking at the sides of the rock faces, I decided that I was not happy just leaving the flat so, using two cubes, I created two outer rock faces. This, I think, makes the whole thing look a lot more believable. The last thing I did today, was start combining all the separate rock faces together to make them whole. I did this by deleting their faces, combining them and merging the vertexes. I'm about halfway done combining everything. All in all, I think this is a good start, but it's still got a long way to go.

No comments: